During our ‘dizaine de jour’ (12 day) hospital stay, my blog was nominated for a Liebster award by the inspirational Candyce who quit her job to Return To Writing and very kindly wrote a few kind words relating to my book blogging meanderings. Thank you Candyce.
So what is a Liebster? Both a word (German for dearest or beloved) and an honour, it is bestowed by those in the early stages of writing a blog (less than 200 followers) upon 3-5 bloggers they admire.
When nominated we should:
1. Link back to the blogger who awarded us.
2. Tag 3-5 blogs to receive the award.
3. Inform them of their nomination.
4. Display the Liebster Award image on our blog.
Recently I joined the SheWrites community of writers and since then I have had many thoughtful visitors to my blog who continue to leave kind and encouraging comments. So thank you also to all the SheWrite sisters out there, it’s wonderful to be part of the group.
I am enjoying journeying through blogsville connecting with wonderful, inspiring people, admiring the diversity of passionate interests and thought provoking musings of this growing community.
So my nominations are:
- The Spirit that Moves Me – A beautiful and insightful blog that uncovers and shares the sacred through creativity and the feminine. In a recent post called ‘Finding home’ she writes “Home is not a cottage, a house, or the city in which I live. It is the moment when I am fully present and fully alive. It is when I am aware of myself and the love that surrounds me, of where I come from and who I am.” I feel right at home with this spirit and happy to be following.
- Speaking of Words and Quilts – Amy has started her blog to record and reflect her writing journey and often uses metaphors relating to her quilt making as well as the magnificent landscape that surrounds her. I’m no quilter, but I love her honest style and the way she finds insightful teachings through her scraps of fabric, even that beautiful, ugly quilt she’s not yet ready to show us.
- Mishfit – Mish is a writer, a Mum and an inspiration to many women in Melbourne, Australia, where she runs a fitness and personal training service for Mums. She is the most knowledgeable person I know regarding female incontinence and can quote scary statistics that will make you take note even if you think that’s not me; most of all she empowers women to get in shape while making the children part of it, – yes, babies have supervised fun too!
- Wouldn’t that rip the fork out of your nightie?? – Aria writes from the heart, embracing all of the many aspects of her persona, she is inspirational, intuitive, funny, (whacked in her words), insightful, highly creative and prolific – she wakes at 4am and doesn’t sleep till late and is definitely making the most of those hours. Be careful, you could lose hours on this wonderful blog.
- Stories Are Good Medicine – Children’s doctor turned author, Sayantani muses on the writing process, yoga and the dharma, reviews interesting books and offers an alternative perspective. Healthy and thought provoking medicine indeed.
what an honour for you to think about me! I was just in the shower this morning, writing my next blog… well not really writing, just visualising what I was going to write… thank you Claire and I hope you are all ok!?!
I’m looking forward to seeing your list, I know that you in turn have been inspired by others and its a bit like recommending books, except that blogging is so new.
Thank you so much for this! It’s been a crazy week (homecoming), and I’ve just had time to sit down and get all caught up. I’ve done no writing since last Sunday, though I did run the concession stand at three homecoming events and got my own two teens off to the dance and all the activities successfully. I’ve been feeling discouraged, so your nomination made my day! I love that there’s so much support through all the bloggers, SheWrites community, etc. for this writing journey.
Congratulations, Claire! I’m so pleased to meet you out here, and am eager to check out your awardees. (Your 1st and 5th picks are already two favorites of mine, so I suspect we’ve got some similar tastes!)
Claire, congrats on your awards! And I’m always so excited to be introduced to new blogs (new to me, anyway!) 🙂 So happy to have connected with you and I look forward to reading you and visiting some of your favorites!